Thursday, March 31, 2011

the amazing spiderman

On top of the world: French daredevil dubbed 'Spiderman' climbs 2,717ft in six hours to scale world's tallest tower in Dubai




As a crowd watched from below, he inched up the 160-floor building. Finally, Mr Robert reached the top of the antenna just after midnight. The climber, who is often arrested after his stunts, even deigned to use a safety harness this time – not part of his usual climbing attire. ‘It was a requirement from the government,’ he said. ‘I would have loved to do it differently, but I knew it was not possible.’

And he easily broke the nine-hour record for the fastest Burj climb. ‘I initially thought it would take between six to nine hours. It took me by surprise that I could make it quite fast.’

After such a feat, it was only a shock he took the lift down...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370889/French-spiderman-scales-Dubais-Burj-Khalifa-worlds-tallest-tower.html#ixzz1I8dnVJWD


No comments:

Post a Comment